Schatz Energy Research Center
The Schatz Energy Research Center is affiliated with Humboldt State University’s Environmental Resources Engineering program, and engages undergraduate and graduate students across multiple disciplines with hands-on experience in emerging energy technologies. The Center was established in 1989, thanks to generous funding from Dr. Louis W. Schatz.
The Center's mission is to promote the use of clean and renewable energy by:
- Designing, demonstrating, and deploying clean and renewable energy technologies
- Implementing collaborative programs that support the deployment of clean energy systems
- Performing lab and field research
- Engaging in scientific and policy analysis
- Providing graduate fellowships and work opportunities for student engineers and scientists, and
- Educating the public about clean and renewable energy.