This environmental impact statement (EIS) assesses the potential biological, socioeconomic, physical, and cultural impacts that could result from the construction, operations and maintenance, and decommissioning of the Revolution Wind Farm (RWF) and Revolution Wind Export Cable (RWEC) Project (the Project), as proposed by Revolution Wind, LLC (Revolution Wind), in its construction and operations plan. The Project would be located in the area covered by Bureau of Ocean Energy Management’s (BOEM’s) Renewable Energy Lease Number OCS-A 0486, approximately 15 nautical miles (nm) (18 statute miles) southeast of Point Judith, Rhode Island and approximately 13 nm (15 miles) east of Block Island, Rhode Island.
The Project is designed to contribute to Connecticut’s mandate of 2,000 megawatts of offshore wind energy by 2030 and Rhode Island’s 100% renewable energy goal by 2030. BOEM has prepared the EIS following the requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act (42 United States Code 43214370f) and implementing regulations. This EIS will inform BOEM in deciding whether to approve, approve with modifications, or disapprove the Project. Cooperating agencies will rely on the EIS to support their decision making and to determine if the analysis is sufficient to support their decision. BOEM’s action furthers United States policy to make the Outer Continental Shelf energy resources available for development in an expeditious and orderly manner, subject to environmental safeguards (43 United States Code 1332(3)), including consideration of natural resources and existing ocean uses.
Volume II: Appendices (as an individual file)
- Appendix A: Required Environmental Permits and Consultations
- Appendix B: List of Preparers and Reviewers, References Cited, and Glossary
- Appendix C: Analysis of Incomplete or Unavailable Information
- Appendix D: Project Design Envelope and Maximum-Case Scenario
- Appendix E: Planned Activities Scenario and Reasonably Foreseeable Future Activities and Projects
- Appendix F: Environmental Protection Measures and Mitigation and Monitoring
- Appendix G: Environmental and Physical Settings and Supplemental Information
- Appendix H: List of Agencies, Organizations, and Persons to Whom Copies of the Statement Are Sent
- Appendix I: Other Impacts
- Appendix J: Finding of Adverse Effect for Historic Properties and Draft Memorandum of Agreement
- Appendix K: Supplemental Information on Alternatives Development
- Appendix L: Comments Received on Draft Environmental Impact Statement and BOEM's Responses to Public Comments on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement