Addressing the ecological implications of offshore renewable energy developments across receptor groups – shaping future marine energy research
Purpose: To identify the next steps in research required to understand the ecological implications of offshore renewable energy in the UK. This workshop will narrow down the key ecological pathways that link priority evidence gaps between receptor groups to focus research effort.
- What ecological pathways do we need to focus on to have useful outputs for estimating and monitoring the ecological impacts of marine renewables across receptor groups?
- Where are the key linkages between high priority research gaps on receptor evidence maps?
- What pathways are feasible to parameterise, and what are the gaps?
- What ecological models (whole or part) are currently available?
- Where are the modelling gaps?
- What research do we need to take forward to get pathways:
- Provide useful outputs for policy