This document has been created to satisfy Condition 22 of the Section 36 Consent issued by Marine Scotland Licensing Operations Team (MS-LOT) to Kincardine Offshore Wind Ltd (KOWL) for the Kincardine Offshore Windfarm (the Project).
Condition 22 requires the production of a Project Environmental Monitoring Plan (PEMP). The overall aim of the PEMP is to outline and define the approach KOWL, its survey contractors and advisors will take with respect to the environmental monitoring of the Project required under the consent conditions.
The PEMP is designed to provide guidance to those involved in the Project, on the monitoring of potential environmental impacts associated with the installation, post-construction and operational phases of the wind farm.
This PEMP is not intended to present the full detail of the monitoring proposals, but to summarise the agreed approach. The PEMP:
- Describes the objectives and methodologies for monitoring surveys
- Describes the proposed programmes for monitoring and reporting on:
- Birds (Kittiwake and Puffin);
- Diadromous fish;
- Marine mammals;
- The objectives and methodologies for the monitoring surveys;
- Provides evidence of consultation on and approval of the monitoring approach and survey methodology;