The National Wind Coordinating Collaborative (NWCC) presents Wind 101: An Introduction to Wind Energy Siting and Development webinar on November 7, 2019 from 2:00 - 3:30 PM Eastern.
Presenter: Michael Speerschneider, Senior Director of Permitting Policy and Environmental Affairs, American Wind Energy Association
This webinar provides an introduction to wind energy for those working in a wind-wildlife or related field. Presenter Michael Speerschneider, provides a background on wind project siting and development, including discussing opportunities and constraints for wind energy from the perspective of permitting, engineering, and economics, and discusses application of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Land Based Wind Energy Guidelines.
Click here for the presentation and view the recording below.
- NWCC Webinar #13: Bats and Wind Energy Cooperative: Research Priorities to Address Bats and Wind Energy Issues, Online, 12 April 2019
- NWCC Webinar #12: Tools for Collecting, Archiving, and Visualizing Bat Monitoring Data, Online, 22 March 2019
- WREN Webinar #15, NWCC Webinar #11: First Look at a New Generalized Fatality Estimator, GenEst, Online, 23 August 2018
- NWCC Webinar #10: Status and Findings of Developing Technologies for Bat Detection and Deterrence at Wind Facilities, Online, 14 March 2018
- NWCC Webinar #9: Summary and Synthesis of the Latest Knowledge on Wind Energy and Wildlife, Online, 18 July 2017
- NWCC Webinar #8: Upcoming Research on Eagle Impact Minimization Technologies Supported by the US Department of Energy, Online, 19 May 2017
- NWCC Webinar #7: Wind Energy and Greater Sage-Grouse Webinar: Sage-Grouse Research Collaborative Results, Online, 9 November 2016
- NWCC Webinar #6: Golden Eagles: Estimating Mitigation Credits from Voluntary Lead Abatement & Reducing Vehicle Collisions, Online, 27 January 2016
- NWCC Webinar #5: Developing Technologies for Bat Detection and Deterrence at Wind Facilities, Online, 2 December 2015
- NWCC Webinar #3: Recent Syntheses of Research on Wind Energy, Bats, and Terrestrial and Marine Wildlife, Online, 1 July 2014