These webinars provide updates and findings on projects presented on an NWCC webinar in December 2015 (Link).
Texturizing Wind Turbine Towers to Reduce Bat Mortality presented by Dr. Amanda Hale, Associate Professor, Director of Graduate Program, Texas Christian University and Dr. Victoria Bennett, Assistant Professor, Director of Graduate Programs, Texas Christian University
Rotor-mounted, Ultrasonic Bat Impact Mitigation System presented by David Cooper, Sr. Electrical Systems Engineer, Frontier Wind
A Biomimetic Ultrasonic Whistle for Use as a Bat Deterrent on Wind Turbines presented by Dr. Paul Sievert, Research Associate Professor, University of Massachusetts Amherst
Evaluating the Effectiveness of Ultrasonic Acoustic Deterrents in Reducing Bat Fatalities at Wind Energy Facilities presented by Dr. Cris Hein, Wind Energy Program Director, Bat Conservation International
Ultrasonic Bat Deterrent Technology presented by Dr. Kevin Kinzie, Chief Engineer, Aerodynamics and Acoustics, GE Renewables and Brad Romano, Ecological Services Director, Shoener Environmental, Inc.
- NWCC Webinar #9: Summary and Synthesis of the Latest Knowledge on Wind Energy and Wildlife, Online, 18 July 2017
- NWCC Webinar #8: Upcoming Research on Eagle Impact Minimization Technologies Supported by the US Department of Energy, Online, 19 May 2017
- NWCC Webinar #7: Wind Energy and Greater Sage-Grouse Webinar: Sage-Grouse Research Collaborative Results, Online, 9 November 2016
- NWCC Webinar #6: Golden Eagles: Estimating Mitigation Credits from Voluntary Lead Abatement & Reducing Vehicle Collisions, Online, 27 January 2016
- NWCC Webinar #5: Developing Technologies for Bat Detection and Deterrence at Wind Facilities, Online, 2 December 2015
- NWCC Webinar #3: Recent Syntheses of Research on Wind Energy, Bats, and Terrestrial and Marine Wildlife, Online, 1 July 2014
- NWCC Webinar #1: Recently-Released Research on Wind Energy and Grassland Birds & Ducks, Online, 20 November 2013