On 30 October, as many as 297 participants engaged on-line in the third of three full days of Synthesis of the Science (SoS) on interactions between offshore wind development and fisheries. The third day was dedicated to overall scientific approaches and methodologies and fisheries management. The third full day agenda was broken out into panel or speaker presentations, followed by questions and
answers. Such Q&A was conducted verbally, via the Chat function in Zoom, and via an on-line tool called Mentimeter. The results of all such dialogue are captured below for the plenary discussions and additional written comments are captured in an appendix for all comments made in the Chat or Mentimeter. A glossary of acronyms is also included in an appendix.
The substantive topics covered on this day included:
- Sampling design and methods
- Cumulative impacts
- Integrated ecosystem assessment
- Fisheries dependent data
- Fisheries independent data
- Impacts in fisheries management
The day also included breakout discussions. The breakout topics included:
- Fishery Independent Surveys
- Crossroads: Where Fisheries Management Meets OSW
- Other Fish in the Sea: Improve OSW Planning re: Data-Limited Fisheries
- Fisheries Information Modernization: Big Data or Big Brother?
- Beyond Data Collection: Cooperative Research
- How to Prioritize Research?