Polytechnic University of Bari
The Polytechnic of Bari was established with Law no. 245 of 7 August 1990 . It is the youngest of the three Italian Polytechnics and the only one in Southern Italy.
The Polytechnic of Bari was born thanks to the recognition of the activities and prestige recognized by the long pre-existing Faculty of Engineering of the University of Bari, born well before with courses provided since the winter of 1943-44, as part of the courses of the University of Bari.
The Faculties of Architecture, established in 1989, and of Engineering of Taranto, established in 1991, have joined the Faculty of Engineering of Bari, practically since the beginning, creating a technical university that makes solid traditions, attention to innovation and effectiveness in research and training of excellence Its connotative elements.
Following the reform determined by Law 240 of 2010 and the consequent statutory changes, the Politecnico di Bari has structured its organization on an exclusively departmental basis, with an aggregation of 5 large departments:
- Department of Electrical and Information Engineering
- Department of Mechanics, Mathematics and Management
- Interuniversity Department of Physics Michelangelo Merlin
- Department of Civil Engineering and Architecture Sciences
- Department of Civil, Environmental, Land, Construction and Chemistry Engineering