The International Energy Agency (IEA) Wind Task 34, Working Together to Resolve Environmental Effects of Wind Energy (WREN), hosted a webinar, Influence of Offshore Wind Turbines on Marine Habitats and Ecosystems, on 3 May from 10:00-11:00am EDT (2:00-3:00pm UTC). The webinar discussed the state of the science on the impacts of offshore wind turbines on the marine environment, and how researchers monitor and minimize these impacts.
- Jan Vanaverbeke-Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences
- Georges Safi-France Energies Marines
- Chris Orphanides-National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration
- WREN Webinar #20: Wind Energy Monitoring and Mitigation Technologies Tool Webinar, Online, 21 September 2022
- WREN Webinar #19: International Assessment of Priority Environmental Issues for Land-based and Offshore Wind Energy Development, Online, 29 June 2022