In December 2012, Scotrenewables Tidal Power Limited (SRTP) was awarded an 'Agreement for Lease' (AfL) from the Crown Estate for an area of seabed in Lashy Sound for up to 30MW of installed capacity, as part of a leasing round known as, "Further Scottish Leasing (Saltire Prize projects) and demonstration leases - application window 4". SRTP propose to develop the Lashy Sound Tidal Array hereafter referred to as "the project" in two phases; Phase 1 up to 10MW (5 turbines) and Phase 2 up to 30MW (15 turbines).
The specific aims of the scoping report are to:
- Describe the proposed project;
- Set out the current approach to the EIA and the proposed structure and content of the ES;
- Summarise the existing baseline information in relation to the tidal array development envelope and the surrounding area;
- Identify the issues which are to be assessed as part of the EIA;
- Agree the general approach to the assessment and where appropriate the specific methodologies for each technical discipline; and
- Identify those issues which can be scoped out of the EIA.