Webinar #17 in the Annex IV Webinar Series
March 1, 2019 at 15:00 UTC (7:00 am PT / 10:00 am ET / 3:00 pm GMT)
The BioFREE (Biofouling in Renewable Energy Environments) project has commenced data collection from biofouling monitoring systems deployed across international marine renewable energy (MRE) test centres. This webinar will discuss current environmental research efforts in relation to tackling biofouling.
Presenters from European Marine Energy Centre (EMEC), Heriot-Watt University-International Centre for Island Technology, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) and Whitford Ltd will focus discussion on both micro- and macrofouling as well as industry perspectives on antifouling and anticorrosion coatings available:
- International WaTERS network, Caitlin Long, Consents and Project Officer, European Marine Energy Centre (EMEC)
- Overview of fouling, Dr. Joanne Porter, Associate Professor, Heriot-Watt University
- BioFREE project and macrofouling, Dr. Andrew Want, Research Associate, Heriot-Watt University
- Coatings research and microfouling, Dr. George Bonheyo, Senior Research Scientist, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Industrial perspectives on antifouling and anticorrosion coatings, Gareth Berry, EMEA Sector Specialist (Energy), Whitford Worldwide, Whitford Ltd.
A copy of the presentation can be found here.
A video recording of the webinar has been posted below:
- OES Annex IV Webinar #16: Optimizing Permitting/Consenting for Marine Renewable Energy through Data Transferability , Online, 25 September 2018
- OES Annex IV Webinar #14: Information Collection and Consenting Processes for Wave and Tidal Deployments - Lessons from the Field, Online, 21 September 2017
- OES Annex IV Webinar #13: Fisheries Interactions with Marine Renewable Energy Development, Online, 19 June 2017
- OES Annex IV Webinar #12: Artificial Reefs and Benthic Changes in Relation to MRE, Online, 25 April 2017
- OES Annex IV Webinar #10: Role of Biofouling in Marine Renewable Energy Development Webinar, Online, 12 July 2016
- Annex IV Workshop: Collision Risk for Marine Mammals and Tidal Turbines, Edinburgh, UK, 22 February 2016
- OES Annex IV Webinar #7: Adaptive Management in the Marine Renewable Energy Industry Webinar, Online, 27 January 2016
- OES Annex IV Webinar #6 : Marine Renewable Energy Test Centers and Environmental Effects Research Webinar, Online, 21 July 2015
- OES Annex IV Webinar #5: The Effects of Electromagnetic Fields on Marine Animals Webinar, Online, 7 May 2015
- OES Annex IV Webinar #4 : Effects of Energy Removal on Physical Systems Webinar, Online, 3 February 2015
- OES Annex IV Webinar #2: Interactions of Marine Mammals and Birds Around Marine Energy Devices Webinar, Online, 19 May 2014