Optimizing Permitting/Consenting for Marine Renewable Energy through Data Transferability
September 25, 2018 at 15:00 - 16:30 UTC (8:00 am PT/11:00 am ET/4:00 pm BST)
While our understanding of potential environmental effects of marine renewable energy (MRE) developments is increasing, continued uncertainty leads to high costs of data collection for baseline assessments and post-installation monitoring, as well as protracted timelines for permitting/consenting developments. Transferring data, information, learning, and analyses from one project to another, and across jurisdictional boundaries (data transferability) can aid regulators in permitting/consenting processes and provide increased peace of mind to stakeholders. Applying data transferability and ensuring that data are collected consistently can help reduce these risks to the industry.
This webinar will detail Annex IV’s framework, best management practices, and implementation plan for data transferability and collection consistency. The webinar will also present on how the MRE community has been engaged throughout this process and aims to gather additional feedback from the larger MRE community.
A video recording of the webinar is available here:
- OES Annex IV Webinar #14: Information Collection and Consenting Processes for Wave and Tidal Deployments - Lessons from the Field, Online, 21 September 2017
- OES Annex IV Webinar #13: Fisheries Interactions with Marine Renewable Energy Development, Online, 19 June 2017
- OES Annex IV Webinar #12: Artificial Reefs and Benthic Changes in Relation to MRE, Online, 25 April 2017
- OES Annex IV Webinar #10: Role of Biofouling in Marine Renewable Energy Development Webinar, Online, 12 July 2016
- OES Annex IV Webinar #8: Collision Risk Webinar - Understanding and Resolving the Problem in Scotland, Online, 15 March 2016
- OES Annex IV Webinar #7: Adaptive Management in the Marine Renewable Energy Industry Webinar, Online, 27 January 2016
- OES Annex IV Webinar #6 : Marine Renewable Energy Test Centers and Environmental Effects Research Webinar, Online, 21 July 2015
- OES Annex IV Webinar #5: The Effects of Electromagnetic Fields on Marine Animals Webinar, Online, 7 May 2015
- OES Annex IV Webinar #4 : Effects of Energy Removal on Physical Systems Webinar, Online, 3 February 2015
- OES Annex IV Webinar #2: Interactions of Marine Mammals and Birds Around Marine Energy Devices Webinar, Online, 19 May 2014