Webinar #17 in the Annex IV Webinar Series
March 1, 2019 at 15:00 UTC (7:00 am PT / 10:00 am ET / 3:00 pm GMT)
The BioFREE (Biofouling in Renewable Energy Environments) project has commenced data collection from biofouling monitoring systems deployed across international marine renewable energy (MRE) test centres. This webinar will discuss current environmental research efforts in relation to tackling biofouling.
Presenters from European Marine Energy Centre (EMEC), Heriot-Watt University-International Centre for Island Technology, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) and Whitford Ltd will focus discussion on both micro- and macrofouling as well as industry perspectives on antifouling and anticorrosion coatings available:
- International WaTERS network, Caitlin Long, Consents and Project Officer, European Marine Energy Centre (EMEC)
- Overview of fouling, Dr. Joanne Porter, Associate Professor, Heriot-Watt University
- BioFREE project and macrofouling, Dr. Andrew Want, Research Associate, Heriot-Watt University
- Coatings research and microfouling, Dr. George Bonheyo, Senior Research Scientist, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Industrial perspectives on antifouling and anticorrosion coatings, Gareth Berry, EMEA Sector Specialist (Energy), Whitford Worldwide, Whitford Ltd.
A copy of the presentation can be found here.
A video recording of the webinar has been posted below: