The Northwest Marine Technology Summit returns to the Newport, Oregon on October 10th through 12th of 2018 following a successful Summit in Seattle in 2017. The theme is "Innovation and Exploration" featuring a variety of session topics, private receptions, ship tours at OSU and NOAA-MOPC, and more. Featured speakers include Dr. Rick Spinrad, Professor of Oceanography and former Chief Scientist of NOAA, and Oregon Representative David Gomberg. The Summit will provide opportunities for businesses, researchers, and students from throughout the Pacific Northwest to visit with regional innovators in the field and network with a like-minded community about the marine technology sector.
General subject areas will include:
- ROVs and Submersibles
- Innovations in Data Collection, Usability, and Analysis
- The State of the NW Marine Science Economy
- Innovations in Ocean Observation
- Promoting BlueTech in the Northwest
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Marine Operations
- New Sensors
- Innovations in Underwater Communications
- Marine Renewable Energy
- Underwater Optics and Vision Systems
The MTS Summit is organized by volunteer marine technology professionals and students from the Oregon Section of the Marine Technology Society (MTS).