Now more than ever, the world is looking at clean electricity as a solution to climate change and growth in a new, low carbon economy. The Paris Agreement, North American partnership on climate change and clean energy, and development of a national climate plan mark a new era for clean electricity in Canada – one where marine renewable energy can play an important role.
Strategic investments, a path to market, research, and innovation have also driven marine renewable energy into a new era of its own, where plans are moving to development and potential is becoming reality.
Developing our tidal, wave, and river current energy resources is a strategic advantage for Canada – linking the health of our environment and growth of our economy.
Marine renewable energy has entered a new era.
This year’s Marine Renewables Canada Annual Conference will explore how marine renewable energy can be part of the larger clean electrification solution for Canada and the world. Key features of the event will include:
- Highlights on Canadian achievements, milestones, and progress by industry leaders
- Insight on low carbon and climate action policies and strategies
- Updates on global marine renewable energy market opportunities and challenges
- Identification of opportunities and progress in wave, river current, and tidal energy development
- Multiple networking opportunities to meet leaders and experts from business, government, and academia that will help build connections and support emerging industry needs.
The Marine Renewables Canada conference represents the largest and most significant event of the year for Canada’s marine renewable energy industry. We welcome and encourage other sectors to attend and discover opportunities to get involved in this emerging industry.