Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) and The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) hosted an informational Marine Energy Career Panel featuring National Laboratory staff working to advance the marine energy industry on April 10, 2023. The webinar was aimed at current students and those interested in working in the marine energy industry. Staff across various research disciplines discussed their marine energy careers (past, present, and future) including their background, education, career path, and current projects.
- Arielle Cardinal (NREL) - webinar host, project manager
- Andrea Copping (PNNL) - moderator, oceanographer
- Mikaela Freeman (PNNL) - marine science and policy analyst
- Ali Freibott (PNNL) - science communications specialist
- Lenaïg Hemery (PNNL) - marine biologist/benthic ecologist
- Casey Nichols (NREL) - mechanical engineer
- Michael Richlen (PNNL) - project manager and biologist
The slide deck from the webinar is available here, and the recording is available below.