The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and the Hydropower Foundation are hosting an International Workshop on Marine Energy Workforce Development and Education Efforts on 20 October 2022, as part of the International Conference on Ocean Energy in Donostia-San Sebastián.
NREL and the Hydropower Foundation aim to gain a better understanding of the marine energy science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) and workforce development projects and programs that exist internationally and maximize the reach and impact of our efforts. During the workshop, participants will:
- Share the latest relevant knowledge about global marine energy workforce needs
- Share work being done internationally in this space
- Review lessons learned on existing STEM and workforce development programs
- Investigate synergies across different organizations and countries
- Identify gaps in available materials and programs and discuss opportunities to fill gaps
- Understand who is working in this space and build our international network
- Identify if there is a need and desire for an international consortium on marine energy workforce
Email Arielle Cardinal with any questions and to RSVP.