The International Conference on Ocean Energy (ICOE) was originally scheduled for May 19-21, 2020, but was postponed to April 28-30, 2021 due to the Covid-19 global emergency.
The theme for ICOE 2021 is “Energizing a Powerful Blue Economy.” The event will showcase breakthroughs in ocean energy technology research and development, prepare ocean renewable energy to benefit the larger “Blue Economy” and the electrical grid, and identify research needed to further advance the state of the technology. The event has been organized into the following key topic areas for panels, presentations and workshops:
- International Developer and Technology Showcase
- The Future of Our Oceans and Ocean Energy’s Potential to Power the Blue Economy
- Foundational and Cross-Cutting Research and Development
- Enabling the Long-term Evolution of Ocean Energy Industries
- How Do We Get There? Securing Funding, Supportive Policies, and Regulatory Acceptance