- We describe a modelling project to estimate the potential effects of wave & tidal stream renewables on the marine environment.
- Realistic generic devices to be used by those without access to the technical details available to developers are described.
- Results show largely local sea bed effects at the level of the currently proposed renewables developments in our study area.
- Large scale 3D modelling is critical to quantify the direct, indirect and cumulative effects of renewable energy extraction.
- This is critical to comply with planning & environmental impact assessment regulations and achieve Good Environmental Status.