This 2013 edition of Guidelines for Raptor Conservation (Guidelines for Raptor Conservation during Urban and Rural Land Development in British Columbia 2013 ) is a companion document to Develop with Care 2012: Environmental Guidelines for Urban and Rural Land Development in British Columbia. It is an updated version of Best Management Practices for Raptor Conservation during Urban and Rural Land Development in British Columbia (2005).
Changes to this version include the following.
- Species' status designations and taxonomic information have been updated
- Information in the Tables has been updated
- Regional discussions have been updated to reflect the boundaries of the eight Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations (FLNRO) regions
- The range maps have been updated and revised in the species accounts, and photographs have been added for most species
- The Raptor Webcam Guidelines in British Columbia (2010) has been incorporated as an appendix to the document
- All hyperlinks, and references to British Columbia Ministries and documents, have been updated
- The document design has been modified to be consistent with Develop with Care 2012