Welcome to the OES-Environmental members page! While most OES-Environmental information and content is publicly accessible, this space is reserved for OES-Environmental member nations for collaborative work, please contact us if someone needs access.
We recommend you add this page to your bookmarks for quick access. To avoid information overload, the members page primarily lists resources available only to members. You can find general information about OES-Environmental on the public About OES-Environmental page.
Access documents, presentations, and additional materials from OES-Environmental meetings.
- May 2020 Analyst Meeting (Presentation, Canada Presentation Recording, Meeting Notes)
- March 2020 Analyst Meeting (Presentation, UK Presentation Recording, Meeting Notes)
- January 2020 Analyst Meeting (Presentation, Portugal Presentation Recording, Meeting Notes)
- October 2019 Analysts Meeting (Presentation, Japan Presentation, Meeting Notes)
- June 2019 Analysts Meeting (Presentation, Denmark and Spain Presentation Recording, Meeting Notes)
- March 2019 Analysts Meeting (Presentation, French Presentation Recording, Meeting Notes)
- December 2018 Analysts Meeting (Presentation, Meeting Notes)
- September 2018 Analysts Meeting (Presentation, Recording, Meeting Notes)
- May 2018 Analysts Meeting (Presentation, Recording, Meeting Notes)
- January 2018 Analysts Meeting (Presentation, Meeting Notes, Data Transferability Paper)
- October 2017 Analysts Meeting (Presentation, Meeting Notes)
- May 2017 Analysts Meeting (Presentation, Meeting Notes, Environmental Management Measures)
- March 2017 Analysts Meeting (Presentation, Meeting Notes)
- January 2017 Analysts Meeting (Presentation, Meeting Notes, Annex IV Phase 3 DOE Work Plan, Management Measures Workshop)
Access files that OES-Environmental is actively working on via Google Drive, which includes working papers, ambassador activities, outreach materials, and more. Documents may be shared and multiple people can edit the same paper simultaneously. You may need to create a free Gmail account if you do not currently have one.
You can view a list of contact information for all individuals involved in the OES-Environmental project. Your account settings determine what information is shown here, and this page is only available to other OES-Environmental members.
You can also find a contact list of OES-Environmental Analysts on the Google Drive (see above).
OES-Environmental metadata forms (questionnaires) are used to solicit information from project developers and researchers that are performing environmental work. Current projects can be found on the Knowledge Base and Map Viewer. We need your help sending metadata forms to developers and researchers from your country. We are specifically interested in projects where environmental monitoring was conducted and larger research initiatives with multiple publications. Please contact Mikaela Freeman if you have any questions. Templates for the forms are available here:
Notable OES-Environmental Products
OES-Environmental (the task formerly known as Annex IV) provides a unique perspective of MRE and the environment on the global scale, which is compiled into a collaborative report after every 3-4 years. Additionally, OES-Environmental partners with conferences and hosts workshops to bring researchers together around environmental issues. Whenever possible, products from these activities are made publically available via Tethys. Below is a list of notable products:
- 2019 OES-Environmental Workshop: Retiring Risk for MRE Projects to Support Permitting, Portland, USA
- 2019 OES-Environmental/ORJIP Workshop: Retiring Risks of MRE Environmental Interactions to Support Consenting/Permitting, Napoli, Italy
- OES-Environmental Data Transferability Process
- 2019 OES-Environmental Good Management Practices for Social and Economic Data Collection for Marine Renewable Energy
- 2018 Annex IV The State of Knowledge for Environmental Effects: Driving Consenting/Permitting for the Marine Renewable Energy Industry
- 2018 Annex IV/ORJIP Workshop: Data Transferability and Collection Consistency Workshop (ICOE), Cherbourg, France
- 2018 Annex IV/ORJIP Workshop: Case Studies on Social and Economic Effects around MRE Development, Kirkwall, UK
- 2017 Annex IV/ORJIP Workshop: Exploring the State of Understanding and Practice used to Assess Social and Economic Risks and Benefits of Marine Renewable Energy Development, Cork, Ireland
- 2017 Annex IV/ORJIP Workshop: Management Measures Workshop, Glasgow, UK
- 2016 Annex IV Workshop: Pacific Region Marine Renewables Environmental Regulations, Portland, USA
- 2016 Annex IV State of the Science Report
- 2016 Annex IV Workshop: Collision Risk for Marine Mammals and Tidal Turbines, Edinburgh, UK
- 2015 Annex IV Workshop: State of the Science, Nantes, France
- 2014 Annex IV Workshop: Environmental Monitoring, Regulatory Needs & Scientific Capabilities, Wolfville, Canada
- 2014 Annex IV Workshop: Best Practices for Monitoring Environmental Effects of Marine Energy Devices, Stornoway, UK
- 2013 Annex IV Workshop: Instrumentation for Monitoring around Marine Renewable Energy Devices, Seattle, USA,
- 2013 Final Annex IV Phase 1 Report
- 2012 Annex IV Experts Workshop, Dublin, Ireland
- 2010 Annex IV Experts Workshop, Dublin, Ireland
OES-Environmental Short Science Summaries
OES-Environmental has created brief short science summaries that synthesize scientific understanding about a specific environmental interaction. The summaries are updated on a 1-2 year basis to reflect new findings and understandings. Each summary is available for download, along with a list all available literature in Tethys that corresponds to the interaction. Below is a list of available summaries:
- OES-Environmental Fact Sheet
- Data Transferability
- Social and Economic Data Collection
- Entanglement with Marine Renewable Energy Mooring Lines
- Collision Risk
- Underwater Noise
- Physical Systems
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Benthic Habitats and Reefing Patterns
- Marine Spatial Planning
- Permitting/Consenting Case Studies
- Next Steps in Resolving Risk from MRE Devices
- Tethys Fact Sheet 2018
If you have topic suggestions or speaker suggestions for webinars, please contact us.