Lithuanian Energy Institute
In 1948 the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences established the Institute of Technical Sciences. This institution, which was comprised of 5 subdivisions (Energy, Metals technology, Textile technology, Construction and engineering constructions, Technical physics), analysed the issues of rational water energy and fuel consumption, metals industry rationalization and its work processes automation as well as typical projects of industry and dwelling construction. In 1952 the Institute of Technical Sciences was reorganized into the Institute of Physics-Technology, which eventually became the Institute of Energy and Electrotecdhnics, and then the Institute of Physical-Technical Energy Problems. Since 1992 it has been known as Lithuanian Energy Institute.